Sunday, August 23, 2009

14 Months Old

Oliver's personality shines through more everyday. Although we'll influence the person he'll eventually become, it's evident that God made Oli unique.  When I think of who he is, this scripture comes to mind:  Psalm 139:13  "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." 

Oliver's very independent and doesn't like to cuddle. Every now and then, though, he'll run up to me and hug me, which melts my heart. He has a very silly sense of humor and loves to imitate me. He loves to wrestle with Brian. He has a short temper and his tantrums are getting bigger and lasting longer. He says a few things like, "all done", "mama", "dada," "uh-oh," and "no, no, no" - his favorite.  Whenever he's about to do something he knows he's not supposed to do, he tells himself, "no, no, no," and then does it, and that's how I catch him in the act. He gets into all kinds of trouble:  he flips our office garbage can upside down and scatters everything around in seconds; he takes my shoes out of the closet and spreads them throughout the house; he takes my phone and calls people; he removes the cushions from the couch and jumps on them; he climbs to dangerous places; he unrolls the toilet paper any chance he gets. He drives us crazy, but he makes us laugh.  We love him more everyday.  We can't wait to have another one!

Deep thoughts...  :)

Totally ignoring me while I'm trying to get a good shot.

He loves splashing and getting wet.

He gets upset that he doesn't fit into the basket more easily.

Silence... I knew he was up to something!

Training with Daddy.

No comments: