Thursday, May 27, 2010

Adjusting to life with Maddie

Madelyn is two weeks old today. I forgot how much babies sleep at this stage. She's awake for only a few hours each day.  She's much more mellow than Oliver was. I'm praying she'll stay that way! So far Oliver has adjusted to her well. One thing he does which he shouldn't, however, is snatch her hat or headband off her head.  He kisses her a lot and he lends her his little pillow that he sleeps with. He also likes bringing her a blanket to hold onto, since he knows how important it is to drag around his own blanket all day. As for Brian and me, it's back to sleepless nights. But I can't complain because we wake up fewer times than we did with Oliver.  Brian is an awesome husband and dad and helps with the 1:00 am feedings.  :)))  Okay, when I look at these photos, I have to say it's worth it!

Not sleeping!


My mom has been so helpful!  There's no way I would have been able to recover this well without her.  She cooks, cleans, does laundry, bathes both kids, changes diapers, entertains Oli, holds Madelyn every chance she gets, and won't let me carry anything that might be too heavy.  Reality is going to hit me pretty hard in a few weeks!



Oliver NEVER liked his pacifier when he was a baby.  He didn't like his bouncy chair either.  Well... I guess you could say, he has been regressing a little.

But really, he is such a big boy now. His latest hobby is drawing with sidewalk chalk.  He is so proud of all the things he draws.

His favorite chalk color is white, or as he says it, "fwight".


3 comments:

Melissa said...

How beautiful - your sweet family is just precious and your mom looks quite taken with her new granddaughter! I've got Miss M a little something and will contact you soon to come over and see you all! Have to go to Mississippi this week though to see my dad - will get with you next week?! Love you all!

Sarah said...

Isn't she adorable! I'm sure she is growing like crazy, too. Keep up the rest so that you can heal. Sending you love from G'ville...

Rachel said...

You guys either have the best camera ever or the most beautiful children in the world (or maybe a little of both :)

Glenda, I don't have your current email address (I assume you don't use you're old work email from Gainesville), and I need to ask you about something. Could you email me at mrswagner03@yahoo.com? Thanks!